Translate

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Research begins.

Today I began research into emotions in sport. I have downloaded a few psychology papers on how athletes use emotions to help them in winning and competing as well as how negative emotions can destroy even the best of athletes performance. Some fascinating reading that I cannot wait to dig into, however it is not the only side of sport I want to look into. As I watched the FA Cup final this weekend, I was absorbed even though I had no invested interest in either team. I saw how social media was awash with new Wigan fans cheering on the underdog in this David and Goliath battle and it got me to thinking, why do we like these stories? What makes us support teams for 90 minutes that we otherwise wouldn't? Then I saw why I wanted to make this film, that goal, the winning goal, in the 90th minute, the crowd in pure ecstasy, people going mad and losing all their inhibitions and going mad!
Sadly I support teams that have never won major trophies so the closest I can actually come to this was when I saw Newcastle draw 4-4 with Arsenal, or when Lewis Hamilton won the British Grand Prix and the World Championship. That's where you guys come in! I want to hear from you about your experiences supporting teams that have won trophies. Have you been to Wembley and seen your team lift a prestigious trophy? What did you feel?
I also want to hear from you if you are on the other side and have lost at a final. Supporters make sport and that's why I want to mainly focus on them throughout the film.
Finally, are you or do you know any fanatical supporters? People who go to watch their team come rain or shine no matter the distance, who spend every penny they have on their team, or have any team related tattoos.
If you would like to get in touch please visit my website www.danielherrick.com and use the contact page to tell me your story. I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment