Translate

Saturday 1 June 2013

Why Do We Do It

The first of my video diaries for "Why Do We Do It" has been posted on YouTube and my website. 
"The Beginning" outlines the pre production process so far and asks for you guys to get involved with the film by telling me your sporting heroes, best sporting moments and also why you love sport and put yourselves through the emotional roller coaster. Email me your stories to:

whydowedoit@danielherrick.com

And you could be part of my film, or as I announced exclusively in this episode of my diary, part of a book which I will also be producing. This will include your stories and also photographs portraying the emotional side of sport. That's why I need you to get in touch with me either via email or social media and tell my why you love sport, so I can make this project the best it can be.

Since shooting the diary I have done some further research by watching the DVD of the Olympic Games last year to soak up the atmosphere of what was an amazing sporting event and spectacle.
I also searched YouTube for last minute goals and found myself watching and listening to the crowds. I love the roar of a crowd when a goal is scored, especially when it's last gasp. I was also drawn in by the commentators. Great commentators show their emotions and get drawn into the moment whilst also remaining coherent and unbiased. I'm loving this project! It's really making me fall in love with sport all over again and I know that I am going to pour everything into it!

Tomorrow I will be going and doing some photographs and test video at the Lincolnshire Bombers training session, which I will post tomorrow to give you an idea of the sort of things I want to do. 
It will also give me an opportunity to properly test out all of my kit, especially my Pentax K-5 which I will be using to shoot the film. I can see if I will need any special filters or more lenses.

Stay tuned to here on my blog and all my other media sites to keep up with Why Do We Do It.

Tweet #whydowedoit to spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment