Translate

Thursday 2 January 2014

A new year a new start

Firsty I would like to wish everyone a belated happy Christmas and a hapy New Year. I hope Santa brought you everything you wanted! He certainly did for me, with a new battery grip, a new case for my Go Pros and I'm writing this on my brand new Bluetooth keyboard on my iPad. I also got engaged to
my beautiful girlfriend on New Year's Eve to make sure the start of 2014 was the best it could be.

Last year had its up's an downs and was a rollercoaster for Daniel Herrick Pictures too. I learnt a lot from last year as regards marketing and selling my products which I am hoping to implement this year. Instead of just selling my time I am also going to start selling more of my imagery through Photobox links on my website. As regards my website I am going to be updating it to make it look a little "fresher" easier to navigate for my future plans.
So as well as Weddings, parties and product photography, which will be sold in password protected albums, I will also be selling other imagery that I take in my spare time, so keep an eye on twitter and facebook for new products.

Thats the stills side dealt with, now onto my films. At the end of last year I was invited to follow the Royal Air Force (RAF) Bobsleigh, Luge and Skeleton teams out to Austria for their novice camps. While I was out there I made a promotional video of the week to try and attract more people to the sports. The video went down really well and I wanted to use it as a sort of practice for Why Do We Do It. The format works really well and will tell peoples stories as to why they do their respective sports and what drives them. It also allows it to be topped off brilliantly by Loretta Livingstones amazing poem. I will soon be creatinng a shoootiing schedule with everyone to ensure we can get it all shot this year. 
It's an exciting time and 2014 is a year I'm very much looking forward too!

I will be posting images and the video from Austria and the novice camps soon, so keep an eye on facebook and twitter for those. 

Well that was a quick roundup off what's been happening. Hopefully it will be a good year and if you or anyone you know has any photography or video needs, please get in touch.

Happy New Year

Daniel Herrick LBIPP 



No comments:

Post a Comment